Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Heart Yearns for You.....

The promise of spring, it teases me.

The daffodils are opening

yet I remain reticent,

for you have taunted me with promise

only to blanket me with frost.

I will not call out to you or

plead for your grace.

I need you to come of your own desire

and inhabit me with commitment.

Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality. It is the words that speak boldly of your intentions. And the actions which speak louder than the words. It is making the time when there is none. Coming through time after time after time, year after year after year. Commitment is the stuff character is made of; the power to change the face of things. It is the daily triumph of integrity over skepticism.
~ Abraham Lincoln

Artwork by Joye Tilton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear from you.